1. What was one thing you learned from the simulations we played in class? How did this help you understand the essential questions better?
It helped me on the Essential Questions better, because it was talking about indentured servants, farmers and others.
2. Reading was a part of Cultural Encounters. When you read the books you were asked to think about your reading. What did you learn about your reading while doing this?
When I was thinking about the reading, I was thinking about my character. How it's going to be like when I do my role-play on the Cultural Encounter luncheon. Also when I read a part, I thought the Pilgrims wasn't that happy when they reached to the New World.
3. Did the journal entries help you to better understand your character? Why or why not? Explain in detail.
Yes, my journal entry did help me to understand my character. My character was a farmer, I read a book about the farmers, about what they really do, what I learned is about they plant then harvest. It's kind of cool.
4. What was the best part of your presentation? How could it have been improved?
My presentation was pretty good, instead of telling me to say my part, they just kick me and I know when I should actually say my part in the presentation. It was really annoying whenever they kick me just to say my part.
5. What was the biggest learning you gained from this unit? Explain with details.
The biggest thing about this unit I learned about, in those days I think I won't even survive. It's really hard to survive.